Last week we finished our 9 week blog series “Top Reasons to Purchase a Business Solution from Sysco” so this week we’re starting a brand new 5 week series “Have you outgrown Sage?”. There’ll be a new post every Thursday so make sure to come back #erpthursday.
The pace of technology is changing rapidly, so what is your business doing to keep up? Your business deserves a business management solution that will support your business aspirations now and into the future. As businesses grow and aspire to take advantage of the latest innovations in technology, they often find their current software is showing its age with limited adaptability. Even though you’re still paying that yearly maintenance fee, you can’t really make the technology work for you.
We have compiled a list of scenarios businesses like yours may be facing when outgrowing Sage. In this blog series, we will address some of those common challenges and inform you how Microsoft Dynamics goes beyond traditional ERP to help you support the new way people and therefore, businesses want to work.
Business Challenge #1: No Longer Receiving Value for Annual Maintenance Fees
When you got your maintenance renewal this year, did you debate whether or not to renew?
If you hesitated, there remains perhaps a doubt as to whether you are getting real value from your software investment. This is common because more often than not, annual maintenance fees only cover support of your software application.
Microsoft maintenance fees give you much more than that:
- New software versions every year – One of the most valuable benefits of your Microsoft Dynamics Enhancement Plan is the ability to take advantage of periodic system updates and new version rights. Microsoft invests heavily in research and development (over $9 billion a year) so keeping your business on the latest version available means benefiting from new features and capabilities and staying on the leading edge of technology. Microsoft’s latest commitment is to update all its Dynamics ERP and CRM applications at least annually. This means that your Dynamics software is constantly improving and being updated with new features that take advantage of mobile and cloud computing. These annual improvements don’t mean you have to upgrade your version to the latest version each year but with Microsoft you at least have this choice and the new software versions are included in your annual maintenance fees.
- CustomerSource – This portal is your central source for self-help resolution, expert insights, proactive tools, and access to the other service plan benefits that are available to you – e-learning, self-directed support, downloads, productivity tools, and a community of industry experts and peers. Tips like keyboard shortcuts or customer success stories from businesses in the same industry as yours are regularly published and available. Participate in the Microsoft Dynamics Community, post your questions and review answers from other customers, MVPs, and Microsoft engineers. Subscribe to Blogs that address your specific interests. Search the KnowledgeBase for information on any topic regarding your Microsoft Dynamics solution.
- Training – Get the knowledge you need with online Microsoft Dynamics training that you can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Online training opportunities, a library of original training videos, training manuals, and learning plans help you learn to get the most from your solution and improve your software’s performance.
- Transition Investment Credit – This benefit gives you the flexibility and security in your Microsoft Dynamics solution choice. If your needs change, you can apply your full license credit to any of the other Microsoft Dynamics solutions that best fit your requirements.
- Protected List Price – This provides more accurate predictability in budgeting for service plan renewal year after year, and protect your system list price as the basis of future renewals.
- License Mobility – You may reassign your ERP Solution Licenses, for which you are under a current maintenance plan, to (i) any servers running physical or virtual OSEs dedicated to you and located within the same Server Farm as often as needed, or (ii) from one Server Farm to another, but not on a short-term basis (i.e. not within 90 days of the last assignment).
- Support Life-cycle – Rely on Microsoft to support the version of Microsoft Dynamics you are using for up to 10 years. The Microsoft Support Life-cycle policy provides consistent and predictable guidelines for product support availability when a product releases and throughout that product’s life.
- Problem Resolution Support – Through our premier support contract, Sysco has a direct line to the software authors for all Dynamics software applications so we can guarantee escalation of all problems to Microsoft for resolution if required. Your annual maintenance fee covers warranty of your software and this commitment.
Many customers have experienced growth limitations or an unclear product road-map with their Sage software and have turned to Microsoft Dynamics to support the next phase of their business. Join us next week when we dive deeper and explore recognising the signs that you have outgrown your entry-level Sage solution.
Take the Next Steps to Learn More
Visit us at our website to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics ERP for small and midsize businesses, where you can chat with us live, sign up for a free Microsoft Dynamics trial and see some of our clients.
by Gerry Power