Sysco’s NAV User Day took place in Belfast on Wednesday 26th April 2017 and saw a collection of Microsoft Dynamics Users and Sysco customers come together to learn about the new features of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 and share their own experiences.
The event, held at The MAC in Belfast was a great success and had representation from over 20 Northern Irish Organisations across manufacturing, distribution, service and the public section showcasing Sysco’s diverse client base.
Roisin Connolly, Dynamics NAV Practice Manager took the lead showcasing updates to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 with a live demo of great new features such how you can use the Microsoft Outlook add-in to manage business interactions directly in Outlook. Quickly accessing financial information, and create or send documents without leaving Outlook.
Other Key Features included :
- Improved word integration to enable you to lay out documents professionally.
- Creating data connections from Microsoft Excel directly to Microsoft Dynamics NAV data, with view, edit and update capability.
- Creating professional-looking email cover-letter templates that include images and invoice information, such as totals, due dates, and payment terms, to use when sending emails to customers.
- Using the assisted setup feature to guide you through setup scenarios, simplifying and streamlining the set up of selected areas.
- Non-intrusive, intelligent in-application notifications, which guide you through relevant processes according to the context you are working in.
- You can use item attributes to add custom data, such as colour, country of manufacture, size, or product dimensions, to applicable items, supplementing built-in global item fields.
- You can use item categories to group items into a hierarchical structure and you can define your own custom categories, assigning attributes to each category.
- You can use account categories to map your chart of accounts to a set of predefined categories. Easy to use and easy to understand, account categories support financial reports.
- You can use Financial Reports to quickly view financial performance. The new default Account Schedules means that no set up is required, making it quick and intuitive to produce the financial reports that you need.
As well as showcasing the newest features of Dynamics NAV 2017, the day also featured key ‘Updates on Sysco’, presented by Paul Bingham, Commercial Director. ‘A View from Microsoft’, presented by David Nagle, Business Lead, Microsoft Ireland. ‘An Update on the Sysco Mobility Solution’ presented by Ryan Cairns, Dynamics NAV Development Lead, Sysco Software and Karl Donnelly, Azure Cloud Lead presenting ‘Dynamics NAV on Azure – Cloud Managed Services by Sysco Software Solutions’.
In addition to the presentations from Sysco and Microsoft; Rory Jordan from EI Systems Northern Ireland demonstrated their Enterprise Imaging Systems and Document Management Software and Eleanor Walsh gave an introduction and insight into the integration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV into SANA E-Commerce.
Sysco Software would like to extend special thanks to Richard Ellis, Director of Service and Education at Cardiac Services for his role in presenting a follow up to our case study on ‘Delivering Field Service with Dynamics NAV and Sysco’s Mobility Solution’ showcasing their on-going incremental improvements to business processes and efficiencies since 2013.
A warm congratulations goes out to Alan Hanna of Decora Blinds Systems Ltd who was fortunate enough to win our raffle draw for a Microsoft Xbox One. Alan was unable to accept the prize due to prior commitments however Jonathan McCluggage, pictured below accepted on his behalf.
Thanks again to all attendees for making the day a success.