Your customers’ needs and expectations have evolved, but your accounting and business management systems aren’t able to keep pace with increasing demands. You need a technology platform that improves team productivity, increases sales, drives customer loyalty, and supports your growth ambitions. Today’s customers and tomorrow’s workforce are increasingly accustomed to instant access, self-service, and a myriad of buying options. Failure to meet these expectations often means your competition ends up the winner. More than ever before, businesses need to give their people tools that put information at their fingertips so they can delight customers, grow sales, and keep customers coming back for more.
A recent study found that more than 90 percent of consumers said they would consider taking their business elsewhere rather than work with a company that uses outdated technology.*
* Source: Microsoft-commissioned research among 1,405 consumers, 2013
Signs your accounting software is putting your business at risk
As your business grows in size and complexity, and your customers expect better and faster service, the tools that once supported you may now be standing in your way. For small and midsize businesses (SMBs), deciding to overhaul your accounting software or business management systems may seem like a daunting task. But what is the real cost of trying to maintain a system that is no longer keeping up with demands? Whether the result is lost sales, customer dissatisfaction, or compliance risks, failing to update your technology can be a costly decision. If you recognise any of these warning signs, the time has come to make a change:
- Manual processes can’t keep up with increasing demand despite added headcount.
- Sales drop due to out-of-stocks or production delays.
- Manual reporting creates tedious, month-end close procedures that strain your staff.
- Unreliable data keeps you from confidently investing in new products, locations, or lines of business.
- Increasingly stringent compliance and security concerns keep you up at night.
- Valuable employees or prospective hires go elsewhere because they expect modern devices for better productivity.