What is Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is Microsoft’s new approach to end-to-end intelligent business applications in the cloud.
The reason this new offering is so exciting is that it enables companies to do four things with their business applications:
- Start with what you need – Dynamics 365 apps are designed so they can be easily and independently deployed. That means you can start small with the right fit for your role, industry and business and pay only for what you need. But they also work together seamlessly and fit with your existing systems, so as your business demands, you can grow into additional capabilities with ease and run your entire business in the trusted Microsoft cloud.
- Productivity where you need it – Deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 connects the structured workflow of business applications and processes with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity. So your employees are empowered with productivity tools surfaced in the context of their business processes. For example, a sales person receives an email, and can respond directly in Office with a quote that is created based on information from both Finance and Sales apps, stored back to the right app, with right pricing, discounting etc. All without the user having to leave Outlook.
- Built-in Intelligence – With Dynamics 365, Microsoft is the only provider of business applications that infuses big data, advanced analytics and IoT into processes right out-of-the-box to proactively guide employees & customers to optimal outcomes with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps. Data & insights transformed into action for intelligence where its needed. For example, Cortana Intelligence will enable cross-sell recommendations to help sales reps predict which products and services a customer will need.
- Ready for Growth – Dynamics 365 enables companies to adapt and innovate in real time with nimble, adaptable applications so you can compose, modify and extend processes. Business users are empowered to change and adapt without IT. A customer can reimagine their business model with a common data model and a flexible, extensible business application platform.
An intelligent business cloud
Dynamics 365 line-up of first party business applications are at the heart of the intelligent business cloud, but they are just one piece of the bigger Microsoft story.
Microsoft uniquely delivers all of the pieces of an intelligent business cloud. In addition to Dynamics 365 first party business applications….
- You have Power BI and Cortana Intelligence which are natively embedded to help companies achieve their business goals with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps. Azure IoT brings device data to enable preemptive action to business functions like field service.
- There is deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 which brings together the two worlds of business process and personal productivity for empowered employees and a much more productive experience.
- Business applications will be able to adapt and innovate in real-time with a common data model and extensible business application platform. Dynamics 365 apps will:
- Use a common data model, shared with Office 365, to simplify data management and integration across apps and business processes.
- Offer tech savvy business customers/analysts, aka “citizen developers,” (using Power Apps) and professional developers (using Azure platforms services) a consistent business platform they can use to compose new apps and easily extend and modify existing ones.
- And it will come with connectors that let you integrate with applications and services from Microsoft and Microsoft partners – including custom API’s and on premise systems.
- Introduction of Microsoft AppSource – Microsoft’s new destination for business users to easily find and evaluate line of business SaaS apps, add-ins and content packs from Microsoft, including those built on top of Dynamics 365, Office 365, Cortana Intelligence and the Azure platform.
Two editions: Business and Enterprise
Optimised for 10-250 Employees
Max 300 seats
Financials (Dynamics NAV)
Optimised for 250+ Employees
Online / On premises dual use rights
Min 20 users (when AX included)
Field Service (CRM)
Customer Service (CRM)
Project Service Automation (CRM)