Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy, and manage applications across a global network of datacenters that are managed by Microsoft.
Azure enables cloud computing. Cloud computing is the delivery of computing capabilities as a service. Cloud computing makes it easy to access IT resources such as computers, networking, and storage. As with any utility, you generally only pay for what you use with cloud computing. By using cloud services, you can harness the power of massive datacenters without having to build, manage, or maintain costly, complex IT building blocks. With the cloud, much of the complexity of IT is abstracted away, letting you focus on the infrastructure, data, and application development that really matter to your business.
“You have to embrace new technology and move on. Microsoft Dynamics NAV made sense and it has delivered exactly what we needed”
Adrian Ryan – Financial Controller – Aiken Promotions
Solutions available on Azure
The Azure Services Model
|Type of service||Use to||Description|
|Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)||Consume||You use a web browser to use applications that are hosted in the cloud.|
|Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)||Build||You don’t manage or control the network servers or operating system. PaaS is more developer-oriented. It allows you to focus on the business logic of applications and quickly move applications from concept to launch.|
|Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)||Host||You have control over your virtual machines and the network configuration, but you don’t have to worry about hardware.|
Eager for a more flexible and cost-effective way to run your business?
As an alternative to traditional, onsite systems, hosted ERP and CRM solutions shift much of the burden of ongoing software management from you to us, which provides many business benefits:
- Reduced initial investment. With a hosted ERP/CRM solution you do not need to purchase additional hardware or the entire software package up front, which reduces your starting costs.
- Get up and running quickly. Get your business on track faster. Hosted solutions offer faster deployment options than onsite solutions.
- Manage your cash flow with low monthly fees. Just like leasing a car, you can implement a robust financial solution that will support your business as it grows with a low monthly fee.
- Reduce dependence on internal IT resources. If your organization has limited technology resources available to implement, manage, and maintain an ERP/CRM solution, a hosted solution might be right for you.
- Provide employees with instant access from anywhere. Because they can be accessed through any Internet connection, hosted systems can be particularly beneficial for companies that have users, such as salespeople, who need to work remotely.
- Make changes on demand. You can easily add or remove users as your business needs change, receive product upgrades quickly, and be assured that your technology environment is up and running. This flexibility can be particularly beneficial for growing, seasonal, or cyclical businesses that need to quickly change their user base to meet unique business requirements.