Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics AX for manufacturing
Sysco addresses these needs with powerful, flexible, integrated-by-design process and discrete manufacturing solutions.
Neil Copeland – IT Manager – Avondale Foods
Process or Discreet?
- Define multiple inventory dimensions: dual units of measure, catch-weight calculations, packaging codes, variations to the main item, and lots.
- Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products and by-products, electronic signatures, and packaging options.
- Let customers request multiple quality specifications per product while combining similar products in production to improve machine utilization.
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements for each sales order component using graphical representations of multilevel formulas and recipes.
Reduce inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory in optimal sequence using “best-before” management and first expired/first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) picking guidance.
- Facilitate regulatory compliance with agencies such as the FSA.
- Execute multiple production strategies, including configure-to-order, assemble-to-order, make-to-stock, and make-to-order. Use both push and pull production control mechanisms.
- Optimize production and materials planning, forecasting, and scheduling. Simultaneously schedule materials and capacity. Calculate available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) deliveries.
- Create, schedule, view, track, split, roll back, or categorize production orders.
- Understand WIP and actual cost through production tracking and reporting. Track detailed resource and throughput costs, including work center costs. Report production variances to standard costs.
- Manage routing: Plan simple, sequential, and complex networks; use simultaneous routes in the same network. Use rough-cut capacity and detailed scheduling capabilities. Organize the shop floor into logical production units at individual sites.
- Quickly schedule/reschedule jobs and simulate alternatives by dragging Gantt chart items. Resolve scheduling overloads by reassigning operations to alternate work centers. Optimize scheduling across the organization with a unified resource model and scheduling engine.
Alistair Speer – Operations Director, Decora