Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics AX for manufacturing
Sysco addresses these needs with powerful, flexible, integrated-by-design process and discrete manufacturing ERP systems for their clients across Ireland and UK.
Neil Copeland – IT Manager – Avondale Foods
Process or Discreet?
- Define multiple inventory dimensions: dual units of measure, catch-weight calculations, packaging codes, variations to the main item, and lots.
- Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products and by-products, electronic signatures, and packaging options.
- Let customers request multiple quality specifications per product while combining similar products in production to improve machine utilization.
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements for each sales order component using graphical representations of multilevel formulas and recipes.
- Reduce inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory in optimal sequence using “best-before” management and first expired/first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) picking guidance.
- Facilitate regulatory compliance with agencies such as the FSA.
- Execute multiple production strategies, including configure-to-order, assemble-to-order, make-to-stock, and make-to-order. Use both push and pull production control mechanisms.
- Optimize production and materials planning, forecasting, and scheduling. Simultaneously schedule materials and capacity. Calculate available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) deliveries.
- Create, schedule, view, track, split, roll back, or categorize production orders.
- Understand WIP and actual cost through production tracking and reporting. Track detailed resource and throughput costs, including work center costs. Report production variances to standard costs.
- Manage routing: Plan simple, sequential, and complex networks; use simultaneous routes in the same network. Use rough-cut capacity and detailed scheduling capabilities. Organize the shop floor into logical production units at individual sites.
- Quickly schedule/reschedule jobs and simulate alternatives by dragging Gantt chart items. Resolve scheduling overloads by reassigning operations to alternate work centers. Optimize scheduling across the organization with a unified resource model and scheduling engine.
Alistair Speer – Operations Director, Decora